Mortgage Life Insurance
Buying a house is a big investment so it's important to have cover in place to protect it if anything was to happen to you. Mortgage Life Insurance (also known as Mortgage Protection) gives you the peace of mind that your mortgage will be paid off if you die. Most banks will require that you have mortgage protection in place prior to granting you a mortgage.
Not sure how much cover you need or how much you will pay per month? Our team in Dublin will help you get the best policy that suits your needs and budget.
Why do I need Mortgage Protection?
- If you die during the term of your plan, whatever is left of your mortgage will be paid off and your family wouldn't be burdened with mortgage repayments.
- When you take out your mortgage, your provider will usually insist that you have mortgage protection in place before getting the mortgage.
Is Mortgage Protection right for me?
|Mortgage Protection might suit if you:|
|? Are looking for a mortgage protection plan for a fixed term (cover decreases in line with the balance on your mortgage)|
|? Want a guaranteed plan with payments that don’t change|
|? Are aged 18 to 74|
|? Want life cover for 5 to 40 years (max age 80 at end of policy)|
|? Can afford regular payments of at least €13 a month|
Taking out cover with us is easy!
- We have an electronic application form that our advisors can fill in with you.
- Once you apply for cover using this, your advisor should know within 24 hours if we have accepted your application at normal rates and if not, what the next step is for you.
- You can track where your application is at any time by contacting us.
- Easy payment options: you can choose to pay a set amount by direct debit every month, every three months, every six months or every year.
These life insurance and protection products are provided by Irish Life Assurance plc. Irish Life Assurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.