Skip to main content

Making a Change to my Policy

I have purchased a UK registered car. Can I transfer my insurance?

For Car Insurance Customers

If you would like to change the car that is insured on your policy to a UK registered vehicle you can now do so on My123.

If cover is confirmed on the UK registration you will need to contact us once you have re-registered the vehicle to an Irish registration. If we do not receive this before your renewal date we may not be able to offer you a renewal quote. 

When you are changing your car, we will need to confirm the following details regarding the new car 

  • Registration
  • Make & Model
  • Exact style of the car
  • Exact engine capacity
  • Body Type (Saloon, hatchback, coupe etc.)
  • Any security features (alarm, immobiliser or tracking device)
  • Details of any modifications

 The car will have to meet certain criteria in order to be put on cover. If you are looking at purchasing a new car you will need to make sure that the following are all true: 

  • The vehicle is a private car and will not be used for commercial travelling
  • The vehicle is owned by you and registered to you, your legally married spouse, civil partner or legally recognised co-habiting partner
  • You are the main driver of the vehicle
  • The vehicle is a right hand drive

Any additional cost will need to be paid before we can cover your new car.

You can contact our Customer Care team if you have any further queries on (01) 524 6029.

Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. 

Was this article helpful?

We love your feedback, please suggest how we could improve this information?