Skip to main content

Before you Insure

Do I have to get my buildings insurance through my mortgage provider?

For Home Insurance Customers

You can take out buildings insurance through any Home Insurance provider of your choice.

Your mortgage provider will ask for a letter of indemnity to prove that your home is insured. Just let us know who your mortgage provider is when you take out your policy, and we will include this in your policy documents.

If the home insurance policy is cancelled or not renewed, a letter will be sent to the mortgage provider to let them know.

Was this article helpful?

We love your feedback, please suggest how we could improve this information?