Skip to main content

Before you Insure

What’s the difference between buildings insurance and contents insurance?

For Home Insurance Customers

Buildings Insurance covers the home itself and any fixtures and fittings, such as fitted kitchens and wardrobes. It also covers domestic outbuildings, fences, walls and gates for example.

Contents Insurance covers any household goods and personal items belonging to you, to members of your household and to any domestic employees permanently residing with you.

The full details of cover, limits and exclusions please refer to your policy documents, which were issued when you purchased or renewed your policy. Our current policy booklet can be found here.

Was this article helpful?

We love your feedback, please suggest how we could improve this information?