Skip to main content

My Policy Cover

I have staff at my home. Am I covered if something happens to them?

For Home Insurance Customers

If you have a domestic employee working in your home you have a responsibility to ensure that they are safe.

Your policy covers you if you become legally liable for any injury caused to your domestic employees during the course of their work. This can be found under the liability to others section of the policy booklet which was issued to you with your policy pack when you purchased or renewed your insurance policy. Our current policy booklet can be found here.

The maximum amount payable for any one claim is €3,000,000. Cover is not included on Landlord Insurance.

Please Note:

A domestic employee is any person employed by the Insured in a private capacity in connection with the home including repair, maintenance or decoration. (E.g. cleaner, child-minder or painter/decorator)

Was this article helpful?

We love your feedback, please suggest how we could improve this information?