Skip to main content

Before you Insure

What should I include in my contents cover and how do I work out the value?

For Home Insurance Customers

Our standard Contents Insurance policy covers any household goods and personal items belonging to you, to members of your household and to any domestic employees permanently residing with you. 

You should insure your contents for the amount it would cost you to replace them. Go from room to room and try to estimate what you would spend to replace everything. Don’t forget to check the contents of your garden shed or garage. There’s no need to include fixtures and fittings as these are classed as part of the buildings. 

Contents are only covered whilst they are at the insured address on the policy. If you have items you might take outside the home and you want to insure them, please click here.

Was this article helpful?

We love your feedback, please suggest how we could improve this information?